THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Djembe


So, i am not sure if you know what djembe is all about. Some of you may be very familiar with this, but some may totally have no idea, as for me, i am totally new to this.. i was in GAMELAN group before while in uni. I know about "kompang, Peking, Gong, Banong..." but yet to expose to this beautiful sound of djembe.

It is practically a skin covered hand drum shape like a large goblet and meant to be played with bare hands. It is an african percussian instrument and heads are either mica or goatskin and body of hardwood ( Belian Pahat ) basically means craft of Belian wood.



If you are a rhythmic person or sensitive to beat. This instrument is such a leisure. It can be play solo, or as a base to an acoustic guitar. This is also one of the most interesting thing i have seen in Bali, every evening, a group of african drummers will gathered up and drum up the whole Kuta beach. Everyone dance freely ; full of spirit and joy.

As for me, i purchase this drum as a start of my music enthusiast. I brought it all the way back to duet with my brother who is a guitar lover. It comes in a cool bag that makes me look like a bag packer that lives life on drum along the street.

Above was my djembe session in Topokon Greenland the last raya. That was a bit of village style as we played mostly acoustic songs like 25 Years, Let It be, and some marvelous acoustic jamming only.

~Music unite us~

Ok lets make it short, I m selling my first djembe, this is because i am not going to carry it back to Bali again. and i am getting a bigger version of it. So, i count this as a second hand instrument for sale... The description is as above mentioned. Selling at RM 300. Original price at RM RM400. PM me if you are interested. It is even good as a decoration for a tropical house.

This is my first and only djembe.Also as a beginner drum. So if you want to view this product, please call me at 016-8787147. Any zone within Kota kinabalu is feasible.

Lets Drumbo!


0 comments: